SNEC American Fisheries Society Student Membership Award
Award: A one-year student membership in the American Fisheries Society.
- Applications for the SNEC-AFS Student Membership award will be accepted from October 1 – March 31st each year. Up to 10 memberships will be awarded by the chapter each year. Individual students may only receive one award.
- Student applicants should be enrolled at least half time as an upper-division undergraduate or graduate student at a college or university in Connecticut, Massachusetts, or Rhode Island.
- The student must be nominated by a faculty member (the letter should include reasons why the student is deserving of the award).
- Student recipients will receive a calendar year membership to both the parent society and the Southern New England chapter commencing on January 1st of the application period.
- Both AFS members and non-members are eligible to apply. Current student AFS members will be awarded a membership for the next year.
- Award winners will be notified by mail and recognized at the chapter AFS meeting.
For more information, please contact: William Duffy, SNEC Professionalism Chair Northeast Fisheries Science Center 166 Water Street Woods Hole, MA 02543 Phone: 508-495-2364 Email: [email protected]