CAMBRIDGE AREA RESTAURANTS ETC.
Central Square Area: This is the closest ‘happening square’ to the Hyatt Regency and our recommendation for dinner and libations. Here you can find everything from fine dining to quick bites, fast food, and a large selection of pubs. This area has too many good restaurants/ pubs to list (but we provided a few). The close proximity to MIT means Central Square is the place to find all kinds of ethic restaurants for any budget. Plus, all of these places (except Lamplighter Brewing Co.) are with a 2 minute walk of each other. Central is ~15 minute walk from the hotel.
Note: From Central Square T-stop you can catch the Red Line to Harvard Square (another place with restaurants/ bars), or downtown Boston.
Directions: Mass Avenue, right next to the Central Square T stop.
Restaurants, Pubs, and Breweries (semi-ordered by price)
- Little Donkey. Chef-inspired spot with small plates, craft beer, and fancy cocktails. Good idea to call ahead. $$$. 505 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139. 12 pm -1 am.
- The Mad Monkfish. Classy sushi restaurant with live jazz most nights. Hip atmosphere in a very stylish setting. $$–$$$. 524 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139. 11:30 am – 10 pm.
- The Asgard. Nicely appointed Irish restaurant, pub. Good environment for a casual dinner and conversation. Known for local beer options and crafted cocktails. $$. 350 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139. 11 am – 1 am.
- Rantzen Tibetan Place. Traditionally decorated Tibetan restaurant specializing in vegetarian options, with something for everybody. $$. 24 Pearl St, Cambridge, MA 02139. 5:30-10 pm. (617) 354-8881
- Veggie Galaxy. Vegetarian take on an old-school diner specializing in from-scratch vegan and vegetarian options. This place is really popular for locals. $$. 450 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139. 9 am- 10 pm.
- Miracle of Science Bar and Grill. Really fun creative bar with lots of beers on tap and periodic table-themed menu. $–$$. 321 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139. 11 am -1 pm.
- Middle East. Casual Middle Eastern inspired fare that turns into a nightclub late at night. $–$$. 472-480 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139. 11 am – 1 am.
- Roxy’s Grilled Cheese/ Arcade Bar. Grilled cheese restaurant with something for everybody, including an enormous secret speakeasy/ arcade bar. This place is really fun if you like exotic grilled cheese creations and/or classic arcade games. $. 292 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139. 11 am -11 pm. (617) 945-7244.
- Lamplight Brewing Co. Popular local brewery with large additional back room. Features, games, bar snacks and locally roasted coffee. Drawback is it is an 8-10 minute walk from Central Square. $. 284 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139. 11 am – 11 pm.
- The People’s Republik. Funky Communist-themed pub a short walk from Central Square. Come to enjoy the ‘red’ decorations, pub food, and local beer (but parmesan rosemary fries are excellent). $. 878 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139. 12 pm -1 am.
- Clover Food lab. Vegetarian friendly fast food joint offering fresh pita, coffee, beer, and breakfast fare. Inexpensive local beer with two semi-functional pinball machines in the back. $. 496 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139.
- H Mart. Large Korean grocery store with delicious French bakery, and fast ramen/ curry. $. 581 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139. 8 am – 11 pm.
- Chipotle. Fast food Mexican chain featuring burritos, tacos, and bowls. $. 598 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139. 10:45 am – 10 pm.